By Contributor | TheDailyCity.com
The Food Truck Bazaar
This Weekend’s Schedule:
Friday January 11
- Casselberry | 6-9pm 9| 5 Triplet Lake Drive 5Gastronomy, Bem Bom, Cafe Rouge, The Crepe Company, C&S Brisket Bus, Korean BBQ Box, Over Rice, Tastebuds, The Flattery, Uber Good, Dimple Delights, PopCraft, Yum Yum Cupcake, Coffee Urge, Sit & Stay Pet Cafe, The Pastrami Project
Sunday January 13
- Orlando | 6-9pm | Behind Fashion Square Mall 5Gastronomy, Bem Bom, Big Wheel Provisions, Cafe Rouge, Fork in the Road, The Crepe Company, Twisted Cuban, Mayan Grill, Melissa’s Chicken and Waffles, Monsta Lobsta, Saigon Sizzle, Swede Dish, The Treehouse Truck, Uber Good, Carobama BBQ, Charlie’s Bakery, The Batter Bowl, Yum Yum Cupcake, Pop Craft, Coffee Urge, Sit & Stay Pet Cafe
- Think tailgating: bring your own chairs + tables + tents
- Expect long lines.
- Some trucks will run out of food.
- Expect loud generators on most trucks.
- Most trucks take credit cards.
- TheDailyCity.com’s Mark Baratelli has been a proponent of food trucks since 2009 when he created Taco Truck Taste Test, a monthly food truck meet-up and TheDailyCity.com Mobile Art Show, a monthly art show in a moving van. In 2010, we blogged about Hell’s Kitchen Food Truck Bazaar and suggested someone bring the idea to Orlando. No one did. In January 2011, the owner of Red Eye BBQ food truck suggested we try an event like the ones happening in Miami: large amounts of food trucks, large amounts of people. Mark combined the two ideas, we made an official announcement February 2, 2011 and watched it come to life March 29, 2011.
- The Orlando Business Journal named Mark Baratelli (About | Facebook) a 2012 40 Under 40 award recipient and the Orlando Weekly said “If everyone in Orlando who claims to care about the arts had 1 percent of (Mark) Baratelli’s energy and commitment, this city would be a world culture capital.” That same newspaper named him 2012 + 2011 Best Local Advocate and 2010 Best Arts Advocate. He created and Produced Orlando Improv Festival, Audience Choice Awards and Mobile Art Show. His event The Food Truck Bazaar won 2012 Best Local Food Event from Edible Orlando Magazine (2nd), 2012 Best Monthly Event from YELP Orlando, earned him a 2012 BizBash Best Event Producer nomination and earned him the title of “The Pied Piper of Food Trucks” from the Orlando Business Journal.