By Lauren James | In Arkansas.com
Movie watching can work up quite an appetite. That’s why several food trucks are going to be on hand feeding all of the festival-goers this weekend during the Little Rock Film Festival, starting today (May 17).
Many will be open on Little Rock’s Main Street 10:30 a.m. until 10 p.m. Friday and then again on Saturday and Sunday.
Open from 10:30 a.m. until 4 p.m., Main Street Food Truck Fridays will take over the corner of Main and Capitol in the plaza today (May 17). Here are the food trucks lined up for today’s outing:
- Prawn Stars: Get your seafood fix with fresh gulf shrimp and crawfish, corn, potatoes and craw daddy sandwiches.
- KBird: Satisfy your Thai food cravings with garden rolls with peanut sauce, papaya salad, pad Thai (chicken/tofu), fried rice (pork/chicken/tofu), vegetable red curry with fried egg, red curry beef, green curry salmon, fresh mango and coconut sticky rice.
- Big Daddy’s Dogs: Enjoy old fashioned grilled hot dogs and sausages with fresh sautéed peppers, onions and mushrooms along with other fixings and brownies for desserts.
- The Food Commander: There’s something for just about everyone here, includingcatfish straws, boneless chicken wings, slaw burgers and dogs, crawfish etouffee, fried noodles, homemade fried pies
- Lobolly Creamery: Everyone’s favorite soda fountain will be selling its hand-crafted (and super delicious) small batch ice cream and frozen novelties. Yum!
Kirk Anderton will be playing live music during the afternoon.
Tonight at 6th and Main at the BEST Day Parking lot (across from the Arkansas Repertory Theatre), a few trucks will be open from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. Here is the listing:
- Bryant’s BBQ– This truck offers fresh cut fries, smoked pork and beef, jerk chicken and Cajun beans and rice, and hand-squeezed lemonade.
- Prawn Stars
- Mexicana Alicia’s: Take in some yummy Mexican cuisine like tacos, tostadas, fajitas, burritos and quesadillas.
Tomorrow (May 18), at the same parking lot, there will be a few vendors open from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. Get food from the following:
- The Food Commander
- The Southern Gourmasian: This award-winning truck offers tons of yummy Asian dishes, including shrimp and grits, steamed buns and more.
- Haygood’s BBQ: It’s BBQ time here at this truck, offering Southern dishes like pulled pork and chopped beef sandwiches, BBQ ribs, baked beans, potato salad, turkey legs and more.
- Red River Catering– Satisfy your appetite with BBQ Nachos, catfish basket, BBQ sandwich and fried pies.
- Mexicana Alicia’s
- Kona Ice: End your delicious with a shaved ice in one of your favorite flavors.
- LePops– Or enjoy a gourmet popsicle after your savory lunch.
And Sunday (May 19) at the parking lot, check out these food trucks that will be open from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Blackhound BBQ: Try pit-smoked meats and sides, turkey legs, lemonade and sausage sandwiches at this food truck.
- Bryant’s BBQ
- Trott’s Place: Feed your appetite with burgers, gizzards, wings and fries.
- Roxie’s Hot Dogs: Or, feast on hot dogs, nachos and Frito pies.
Some of the vendors on Saturday and Sunday will stay open from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m. and more vendors may be added.
For more information, click here.