By Liora Ipsum | Blog To
- As if the CNE didn’t offer enough calories to take in already, Food Truck Frenzy takes place on Princes’ Boulevard starting today, Friday, August 28 until Sunday, August 30.
- AwesTRUCK food truck festival at Mississauga Celebration Square takes place this Saturday August 29. The rally and awards show celebrates curbside cuisine and recognizes outstanding food trucks from across Ontario.
- Toronto’s first ever Tamil Festival is happening this weekend, August 29 and 30 on Morningside between Finch and Nielson Road. Look forward to live music and dance performances, a mobile museum detailing Tamil Canadian history and food from vendors like Hopper Hut, Lingan Cream House and Yarl Dosa Corner.
- Le Burger Week from September 1 to 7 of September takes place in cities across Canada and over a dozen Toronto restaurants are participating by offering special burgers just for the occasion.
- The Veg Food Fest returns to Harbourfront Centre from September 11 to 13. Admission is free for the event featuring local and international chefs hawking dishes, desserts, and drinks, plus a marketplace, cooking demonstrations, free samples, new products, and cookbook launches.
- The 5th annual Toronto Garlic Festival on Sunday, September 20 is slated to take place at Wychwood Barns. Admission is $5 for the day spotlighting food vendors, cooking demos, presentations, and live music.
- The Evergreen Asado BBQ at the Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Ave.) is fast approaching. Tickets for the South American-style fundraiser event on Saturday, September 26 cost $149 and include all you can eat and drink from 40 participating chefs barbecuing on open-air parillas.
Photo of last year’s AwesTRUCK