By Contributor | Live to Party
Uptown’s Spring Food Truck Festival: More Food Trucks. More Space. More Music. More Fun.
Uptown Columbus and Atlanta Street Food Coalition will host the second annual Food Truck Festival in Columbus, Georgia. Join us on March 19th from 11 – 6 pm as Woodruff Park and Dillingham Bridge transform into a Food Truck Mecca. 25+ GOURMET FOOD TRUCKS will set up in our backyard with DJ Dave Arwood playing jams all afternoon! Full list of trucks to come soon, as well as libations in our craft beer garden!
In the fall, we had a HUGE turnout, bigger than expected. Here is how we are taking what we learned and improving:
1. MORE FOOD TRUCKS: Reduce wait times and increase dining options.
2. MORE VENUE SPACE: We want everyone to have plenty a room to eat and be comfortable.
3. DOG AREA: While our event will still be pet-friendly, we will have extra signage and possibly a designated dog-friendly area.
4. TICKETING: We will have lines designated pre-sale, cash and credit to get attendees into the festival quicker.
Admission cost $5 per person; children 12 and younger are free.
Pre-sale tickets are available at Springer Opera House or you can purchase them at the gate on the day of the event.
Go to Box Office: 103 10th Street
Purchase Online (+$2 fee): http://bit.ly/1T4T4gY
Cash and credit cards will be accepted at the gate and by vendors.
WHAT? A COVER CHARGE and PAYING FOR FOOD?!
Yes, here is where your money is going:
1. Operational costs to run the event (table, chairs, tents, entertainment, lighting, sound, power, marketing, fencing, etc.).
2. Fundrasing for Uptown’s year-round programming. Revenue earned will go directly back into bringing Columbus more FREE events be RiverFest, the Big To Do Friday Night Concert Series (spring & fall), Spooktacular, Broadway Holiday and so many more year-round.
Seating: Uptown Columbus will provide some tables and chairs, but guests are welcome to bring their own too. No lawn chairs. No outside coolers.
For more information, go to www.UptownColumbusGA.com or call 706-596-0111