By Contributor | Peoria Times
More than 2,400 people were in attendance last October at Vistancia Food Truck Experience. The West Valley food truck tour is back for another year and will be 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 6 at Vistancia.
Enjoy a parade of tricked-out, traffic-stopping gourmet food trucks, take a tour of the community, or do both. Visitors discover the master-planned community while savoring culinary delights from a fleet of gourmet food trucks.
The Food Truck Experience will be located throughout Vistancia’s new home neighborhoods. The food truck tour event is free and open to the first 2,000 guests*. Start the gourmet food truck experience at Vistancia’s Information Center, 12026 W. Lone Mountain Pkwy., to receive a community map and six free food sample tickets.
Featured gourmet food trucks:
The Village at Vistancia:
– Hao Bao: Signature seafood dumplings
– Hey Joe!: Organic mung beans, spinach and rice
– Sandra Dee’s Creole: Creole gumbo
– Satay Hut: Chicken satay with spicy peanut sauce
Blackstone at Vistancia:
– Emerson Fry Bread: Jazzy carne asada fry bread taco
– Island Loco: Pork taco with rice and lomi salad
– Mojo Bowl: Handmade fruit smoothies
– Paletas Betty: Mexican seasonal fruit popsicles
– Q!Up BBQ: TBD
– Spice It Up!: Cambodian ginger beef curry over rice
– Sweet Jonez Rocking Cupcakes: Assorted gourmet cupcakes
– Torched Goodness: Specialty flavored mini crème brûlée
– Blackstone Country Club: Blackened shrimp and roasted poblano grits
For more information, visit www.vistancia.com, call 623-933-6233, or visit the Vistancia Information Center.
*Free to the first 2,000 guests, guests must pick up map and sample passport at the Vistancia Information Center to begin experience. Food truck event participants must have passport stamped to receive six complimentary samples at food truck locations/Blackstone Country Club. Limit six complimentary food samples per person, one per truck. Due to high volume of food samples per truck, additional food purchases will not be available at the Vistancia Food Truck Experience.