Expect your favorite food trucks, short movies, live music, local beer and great fun in an outside urban environment.
The event is organized by Tampa Bay Markets and will feature award-winning short independent films provided by the Tampa Bay Arts and Education Network. The flicks will be projected on an inflatable movie screen in the courtyard of the apartment complex at 1208 E Kennedy Blvd.
“(The network) has gathered a group of twelve independent short films and animated movies from the past twelve years,” said Tampa Bay Markets coordinator Greg Barnhill.
Among the thirteen food trucks participating in the event are: Gone Bananas, Nelly Nel’s, Burger Culture, MNM BBQ, La Creperia, and Wicked ‘Wiches. Also, Cigar City Brewing beer will be available on draft.
Barnhill recommends ordering in small quantities from different vendors in order to experience more than one food truck.
Movies will alternate with live music by local Sunset Bridge Band throughout the night.”Come out here and enjoy good food, great movies and live music,” Barnhill said.What you need to know before you go:
- The event is 21 and up, so bring your ID.
- Don’t forget to bring cash for beer and food as not all trucks accept credit cards. Vendors appreciate small bills. There is an ATM on site in the courtyard area.
- Expect some waiting in line for your food as it is made to order.
- Seating is limited, so consider bringing a folding chair.
Where to park and where not to park:
- Parking is free for the first 2 hours at the parking garage at Grand Central at Kennedy, 1208 E Kennedy Blvd.
- Overflow parking is located at the Port Authority Parking Garage, 810 Channelside Dr. The parking rate is $1 per half hour.
- Free parking is located at Crosstown Union Station parking lot, 601 N Nebraska Ave. Make sure not to park in the spots noted as reserved for Amtrak patrons.
- Be aware: any vehicles parked on the grassy right of way located along Meridian Avenue will be ticketed.
Flicks and Food Trucks will be held from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Grand Central at Kennedy, 1208 E Kennedy Blvd., every third Thursday of the month until May 2012. The free event will feature different films and food trucks each time.